This tasty burger goes well with a mixed salad. My favourite is green salad with apple and walnuts and little balsamic lemon glaze*. The burgers can be prepared in advance and freeze nicely too.
(*Not recommended if you are doing the metabolic cure, if you are doing the cure then make a mixed salad out of the choice of vegetables listed.)
400 grams minced chicken (makes four burgers)
Half a head of broccoli
Bunch of spring onions
Heaped tsp mild curry powder
1 Egg beaten
- Put a pan of water on the stove and bring to the boil. Roughly chop the broccoli throw it in the pan and boil it within an inch of its life. Once soft drain, squeeze out the extra water and leave to cool.
- Thinly slice the spring onions (I used about a third of the onions leaving some of the greener bits for the salad)
- Mush up the broccoli into small pieces.
- Combine all the ingredients in a large bowl; squishing the mixture up with your hands is best. You can add salt and pepper if you like but I found it tasted great without.
- Now, the mixture is really sticky but don’t worry. Divide it up into four lumps, place on a plate and cover in cling film and refrigerate. I like to refrigerate for a few hours or overnight as it helps the mixture settle.
- Cook on a non-stick electric grill (aka George Foreman grill or similar.) No oil needed. I cooked mine for 4 minutes on the meat setting and they turned out delicious.